Let’s find out more about Antispell, a recently formed idol unit with gothic lolita aesthetics and an intense metal-rock sound.
Antispell is a recently formed idol group featuring five members and gothic lolita aesthetics. Last Friday, they held their unveiling one man live through which they officially introduced themselves to the idol world, so let’s start by getting to know these girls:
- 犬塚こち (Inuzuka Kochi), who has some interesting adventures with her dog
- 教祖ひなの (Kyōso Hinano), the red guru of the unit
- サノカナメ (Sano Kaname), which literally introduced herself with なむひjkjaj8はた「x²+(y-³√x²)²=1」^_^ and I totally agree
- 月姫 ミカ (Tsukihime Mika), also known as the white warrior Babu-chan, whatever that means
- 星屑ちる (Hoshikuzu Chiru), a cute loli who likes videogames and latest addition to the group
It seems that we have some fun girls here, despite the slightly dark theme of the group. What’s even better is that their music is equally cool.
Starting with the one for “ハイカラ・ガールズ・メルトアップ” (High Collar・Girls・Melt Up), Antispell released lyric videos last week which showed us that what they’re made of. The alternative metal sound filled with electronic elements gave me a very good first impression of their music: fast, powerful, intense, but also melodic and catchy.
The electronic influence gets even stronger in the second song they unveiled, featuring some EDM/pop elements here and there and romantic piano notes which find their place in this track.
Finally, their self-titled song shows a slightly softer side of the unit, going more towards a melodic idol rock sound; this lighter approach is not half bad, although I have to say that the most intense tracks are my favorites.
Antispell are going to hold their 解放の物語 (Kaihō No Monogatari) live on the 19th of December, but before that they will also be in Pop In Festival 2020 at the end of this month. Despite having just started, it looks like the group is doing quite well.
|教祖ひなの (Kyōso Hinano)|
|サノカナメ (Sano Kaname)|
|月姫 ミカ (Tsukihime Mika)|
|星屑ちる (Hoshikuzu Chiru)|